Monday, December 22, 2008

road tripper.

******
It's been busy. I can't believe how fast the month went by. Time goes so much slower when you're a child. I don't like this whole time warp thing that happens when you are an adult. It's almost Christmas, and I haven't spent much time at all just being still and remembering what that means. On top of being in awe of our Lord and Messiah, I am in awe of the wise men. I have a hard time staying focused for 2 minutes during prayer. They went for 2 years -- following a star. A star. man oh man, that is faith. I don't really understand what they believed in... Did they know? Did they have a guess of what they would find? Did they believe in a star? In a god? In a monarch? Did they know it was Yahweh?
There is a comic that I clipped and saved. It's Grand Avenue by Steve Breen. It shows three cutouts of the wise men riding past newspaper stands with "celebrity scandal" and "celebrity arrest" as the headlines. And the boy walking by is saying, "Believe it or not, there was a time when following a star didn't lead to disappointment."
That always gets me. How quickly I follow. How often I'm disappointed. My displaced faith. My unfit focus. My inability... or unwillingness... to follow with faith beyond the boundaries of man.
Honestly, I probably would've missed it. I might've gone along because I love a road trip, not because of any great expression of faith.
I feel so lame and pathetic... like someone in need of a savior...

...God and sinners reconciled....

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, share your life.