I'm back in the AZ.
I'm going to miss you all in Jackson.
We got here today and we aren't going back to Jackson until May 17th. 51 days. (If I counted correctly.) (59 days if I counted incorrectly.) Man oh man. That is a long time.
Today we left at about 12:30. Before that I took the kids to the coffee shop and then by the post office and -- Huzzah! My tent came. :) Yeah! I got a tent off of steepandcheap.com (check out that site for deals of at least 50% off on outdoor equipment!) So I loaded my tent onto the plane - it pays to fly on a private plane -- no extra baggage fees, you can leave your cell phone on, you can carry on all the liquid and knives that you want... anyway. So I'm pretty stoked on the tent. Good times waiting to be had.
Speaking of good times waiting to be had, I've decided that I'm going to move on to a different job. I told the family that I work for, and it's exciting times. As of now my last day is June 31st. They are looking for a new person to take over the position. I'm excited because I feel like the world is my burrito. I am planning on going back to school and maybe working as a dishwasher. I don't really know where I'll keep my stuff, but now I have a tent to live in.
I guess it's kinda strange in this economy to decide to leave a job. It came with a lot of perks -- a plane to name one. But I want something different. The decision to be a nanny wasn't a career choice, it was a transition time. I feel transitioned enough to move on. Or maybe it's just that I've realized that life is a constant transition, so what better time to move on? :)
I've got some money saved up, I've got some plans to travel, I've got a super-duper boyfriend and some super-duper other friends. I'm young, I'm idealistic, I'm healthy. Youth is wasted on the young. ...alright... :)
besides, I have a tent.

ex's and oh's like Eskimos.
i love you lisa page.
ReplyDeletei am excited to see where God takes you next.
wish i was in AZ so i could see you!
mwah.
Page, we need to have a serious chat...
ReplyDeleteI'm not in AZ, just like I wasn't in Jackson...but I am in CA, and we have a nice guest room.
ReplyDelete