Friday, June 20, 2008

zed leppelin.

Hey there.

I'm not good at the "hey, lets see if we should be friends" talk. I don't do well with the friends interview. You know the one where they say, "so, what do you do? ....no, not for work. for fun?"

I swing in my hammock. I read. I walk for a long time aimlessly. I talk to people who are in line at the grocery store. I work on puzzles at the library. I watch anime. I look up recipes. I pray. I ride my longboard around. I make food and then eat it outside and wait for someone to go by who looks hungry and then I share it with them. I play the flute. I wash dishes. I see a hill and I walk up it. I learn about wildflowers.

I don't party. I'm not really that athletic. I don't watch TV shows. I don't go to concerts. I don't see many movies. I don't know much about car or popular music. I don't buy the best fashions. I don't get my hair or nails done. I don't know about sports team. I don't eat organic or do yoga.
I don't like talking about my past very much. I'm not sure what my dreams are at this point. ...

I don't do well at intentional 'get to know you' conversations.
But when it comes to the unintentional ones, I'm a rock star.

I'm not good with the interview. I mean, honestly, when people are like, so what do you enjoy doing, when I say, "I work on puzzles in the library and smile at people" they generally don't know how to respond, and we all pause, and have a moment of silence out of respect for the conversation that I just killed. ha ha ha. wa-wa.

On another note,

Past experience indicates that if I meet you randomly, there is a much higher chance of us being friends than if we meet non-randomly.
No, seriously, after running some statistical analysis, there is a significant correlation. The more random the meeting, the greater the friendship.

So if you want to be friends, lets try and make sure our meeting is random.

I'm buying a stairway to heaven.

Luzzles, Tsai would probably cry if she saw what I was doing with stats.
much love! :)

1 comment:

  1. Tsai would surely cry...well done, Page-Turner, Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, share your life.